[CentOS] Re: Missing something about sendmail

Thu Oct 16 19:35:49 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 10-16-2008 12:56 AM Paul R. Ganci spake the following:
> Christopher Chan wrote:
>>> I have a strange problem that I don't understand. I have an access
>>> file which has the following line:
>> Did you run makemap? Does the db file contain the same stuff as the
>> text file?
> Yes. The output of
>
> makemap -u hash access.db >access_dump
>
> shows
>
> 168.144.250.215 OK # xsmtp02.mail2web.com
>
> It is there.
>
> After a lot of research I realized I am using two features that muck
> with the check_relay ruleset. The DCC hackmc script to make DCC
> understand about whitelisting from the access database and
> FEATURE(`require_rdns2',`forgedignore')dnl which requires the relay to
> have a rDNS. This changes the usual check_relay code albeit I haven't
> figured out how it can generate a 553 error code along with an OK.

It is probably ignoring your # as a comment delimiter. So it is picking up #
xsmtp02.mail2web.com as part of the error text.
Try to have the comment on a line by itself, maybe directly above the ip address.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and