[CentOS] new list proposal

Thu Oct 16 22:47:19 UTC 2008
Spike Turner <spiketurner09 at yahoo.com>

Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> > Out of curiosity which major linux distro operates
> > a fragmented mailing list such as the one proposed?

> http://lists.debian.org/completeindex.html
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/
> https://ml.mandriva.net/wws/lists
>
> Compared to those CentOS really has few lists.

So the need for a new list is to compete with the big
boys rather than improving the CentOS community? Those
are full-flavoured distros with hundreds of thousands
if not millions of users. Last time I checked the
average Fedora user would not need more than the
fedora-list and the un-fragmented fedora forum.

See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate and tell
me which of the many lists at redhat a typical user
needs? Even something as global as fedora has not
considered such a liberal idea as that proposed.

Spike.