[CentOS] kickstart problems

Paolo Supino paolo.supino at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 09:13:42 UTC 2008

  I'm having a problem with setting up a kickstart environment based on
CentOS 5.2 x86_64, on a Sun X2200 M2 server (both the server and the client
in the kickstart environment are Sun X2200 M2 systems): the first attempt to
load stage2.img fails with the error screen: "unable to retrieve". Pressing the "OK" button
brings up the "HTTP Setup"  screen with "Website name:" and
"CentOS directory: /source" if I press OK it successfully loads stage2.img
file and continues with the kickstart installation to a successful
I checked the apache logs on and there is no attempt by the
client to even load stage2.img before it prompts for the error.
  Has anyone encounter this problem and has a solution for it?