[CentOS] SAS/SATA DAS

Tue Sep 2 22:49:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>Sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but it's very interesting. What's the difference, apart from the speed & price between SAS & SATAII?
>
> SAS is more enterprise geared, relating to speed and MTBU (probably a load of crap on that point)
> and SATA is cheaper and does not perform as well, supposedly less reliable to.

There was a thread about the MTBF of various types of drives, linking
to articles about the experiences of Google.com,  here in this mailing
list, probably 1 or 2 years ago. As I recall, they found the MTBF
between different types of drives to be about the same?