[CentOS] Adding patch to Centos Kernel - early build failure

Dunc centos at duncb.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 10:37:20 UTC 2008

Hi Guys

I'm trying to add the patch mentioned in this thread to the plain Centos

I've followed the directions on the wiki for building a custom kernel,
but after applying all the patches it fails with:

make[1]: *** [nonint_oldconfig] Error 4
make: *** [nonint_oldconfig] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.74263 (%prep)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.74263 (%prep)

Can anyone help with this? Or is there an easier way to apply the patch,
as I'm not wanting to change the config of the kernel in any way?