[CentOS] rsync problem

Thomas Bleier

tbleier2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 11:09:38 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,
after upgrading a few CentOS machines from 5.0 to 5.2, and during that
upgrading rsync from 3.0.0-1.el5.rf to 3.0.3-1.el5.rf (both from rpmforge)
rsync stopped working and bails out with a segfault after some
undeterministic time (zero to a few seconds) during a sync.

Manually going back to 3.0.2-1.el5.rf seems to work.

Has anybody experienced similar problems?

I'm not sure if I should go the the rpmforge or to the rsync mailing lists
with this problem, so I thought I'd ask here if anybody run into similar
problems.

best regards,
__
/homas