[CentOS] OT: Migration from Evolution to Thunderbird (Thunderbird mbox files)

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr
Thu Sep 4 07:16:38 UTC 2008

Lanny Marcus wrote:
<snip>
> However, in the imap.gmail.com folder
> INBOX.msf file properties,
> Type is shown as C source code
> and MIME type is shown as text/x-csrc

This is irrelevant, whatever tool you are using to see the "type" of
that file is wrong.

> If someone on the list can point me to where the mbox files for
> Thunderbird on Linux are located, that will be much appreciated.

You didn't tell us where you're looking, so I can't be sure... But I
suspect you're looking in the right place.
However with IMAP the mail can stay on the server, so unless you tell
your MUA to download a copy locally you only see index files.