[CentOS] Centos 5 card reader automount

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 01:24:46 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> I have plugged it in with a card already in the reader.  As previously stated, I
> can then mount it manually and read the contents of the card.

Actually, you didn't specify in your original post whether or not you
had a card in the reader when you plugged the reader into your
machine, but that's also useful information.

> If I remove and re-insert the card into the reader, nothing appears to happen.
> At least, no entries are created in /var/log/messages.

Could be a hardware issue between the reader and your m/b, or CentOS.
More information could be helpful (i.e., your hardware
configuration...).

I'm just going on my own experience here - I have one, older card
reader that mounts only when there's a card in it when I plug it in,
and I unplug the reader before unplugging the card, too (usually after
unmounting it, too).

Every once in a while, I've had similar problems with my flash drives,
but not recently.

Sorry I wasn't more help - anyone else?

mhr