[CentOS] Re: check mal server speed n performance

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Sep 8 17:41:20 UTC 2008

on 9-7-2008 9:33 AM fabian dacunha spake the following:
> Dear All,
> I have Centos 5.1 and sendmail mail server running for over a year and
> been workin fine
> i also use mailscanner + clamav
> now some remote users have been complaing that the mail sometimes time out
> i have even tried to stop the mail scanner and jus test my sendmail but
> the problem exists
> now i would apprecite if someone cd help me or let me know of a link where
> i could test the mail server performance and know if its working fine
> so to rule out the possibility of any problem with my mail server software
> the mail logs r normall and dont show any different thing
> thanks and regards
> apprecite ur help

That will help you optimize your setup. Also join the mailscanner list as
there is a wealth of information and tips flowing on that list that
specifically point at MailScanner.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!