[CentOS] Re: Problem of "sort" utf8 file.

Peter Cai newptcai at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 07:14:29 UTC 2008

I already did that.

The problem is not that the locale is not correct,  but even if it's
correct, the sort order is wrong.
The result provided by pg is the same as the "sort" command.
It shows that pg use OS's facility to sort string.

Someone told me it's a bug of glibc.  So I checked it and found that
ubuntu use glibc 2.7 while centos5 use glibc 2.5.
That maybe the problem.

But updating glibc is too hard for me.  Maybe I have to give up.