[CentOS] PCI SATA Controller Recommendations?

Tim Nelson

tnelson at rockbochs.com
Wed Sep 10 17:17:24 UTC 2008

Hello fellow listers...

I'd like to get some recommendations on a good SATA controller for use with CentOS 5.x. It should be PCI, bootable, have 4 SATA ports, have native support (no crap proprietary or manually compiled drivers), and possibly hot swap support. Any ideas?

There are plenty of PCI-X and PCIe controllers that I think would work but the use for this card is in a smaller 1U server that is quite cramped, hence the query for a standard PCI card.

All suggestions and comments welcome. Thank you!

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Engineer
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105