[CentOS] Tomcat with squid username/password

Harry Sukumar

hsukumar at bond.edu.au
Thu Sep 11 02:58:11 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am trying to help my friend on this

Hi,

I have an application deployed on tomcat 5.5 with java 1.6.0_07.

Occasionally the application needs to connect through our proxy to the
outside to collect patches.

I've added the following options to the JAVA_OPTS and restarted tomcat.

-Dhttp.proxyUser =username
-Dhttp.proxyPassword =password
-Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy.company.com.au <http://proxy.company.com.au>
-Dhttp.proxyPort=3128

Using snoop on the squid proxy I can see the requests, but the
username/password combinations are not being sent and the tomcat
application receives a 407/DENIED message.

Is there a reason the username/password are not being sent? Our squid
proxy uses both NTLM and basic authentication.

thanks

Harry