[CentOS] Alarming (?) smartd reports

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 18:06:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 12:02 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:

> You should start thinking of replacing the disk.

I am, thanks.

> There is a discussion in the forum:
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15880&forum=39
>
> I am one of the people there who were getting the same error and
> replaced the disk.

Scary stuff, to some extent.  I should probably point out that the
Maxtor 120GB PATA drive (the one with errors I believe are real) had a
power connector problem for a while that may have damaged it, but I
haven't seen anything funny with it since, and that was back when I
changed the CPU/MB in March, 2007 and then the power supply about a
month later when that burned out altogether.

I'm watchinc it now!

mhr