[CentOS] My turn at building a custom kernel for IPsec BEET mode

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Sep 11 20:27:42 UTC 2008

Well I am working on building a kernel that will have the IPsec BEET
mode patch available from infrahip.hiit.fi.

I have some decent help, but really no one there is a seasoned Centos
kernel builder (though they work with different FC kernels), and now
they are mostly done for the day.

I have been following the wiki on building a custom kernel, got my patch
in ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES and away with the rpmbuild.  That failed on line 69:

Unknown tag:  % define buildid .hipl0809111

But the comments say to set the define to something like ".local" or

So why the failure?  Too long our are the quotes required?

If this works, I would like to see this patch 'mainstreamed' as it is in
the 2.6.27 kernel....