[CentOS] My turn at building a custom kernel for IPsec BEET mode

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Sep 11 20:27:42 UTC 2008

Well I am working on building a kernel that will have the IPsec BEET
mode patch available from infrahip.hiit.fi.

I have some decent help, but really no one there is a seasoned Centos
kernel builder (though they work with different FC kernels), and now
they are mostly done for the day.

I have been following the wiki on building a custom kernel, got my patch
in ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES and away with the rpmbuild.  That failed on line 69:

Unknown tag:  % define buildid .hipl0809111

But the comments say to set the define to something like ".local" or
".bz123456"

So why the failure?  Too long our are the quotes required?

If this works, I would like to see this patch 'mainstreamed' as it is in
the 2.6.27 kernel....