[CentOS] cfengine and crontab

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Thu Sep 11 20:36:08 UTC 2008

Ric Moore wrote:

>> The file that the document is probably referring to is root's crontab

This looks informative:

http://www.cfengine.org/AutonomicCfengine.pdf

And of course the full reference guide

http://www.cfengine.org/docs/cfengine-Reference.html

It'll take time to learn, though before you go much further
think about whether it's the right tool for you, it's good if
you have at least a dozen or more systems that share a fairly
common configuration. Not knowing what your environment is like
I can't advise for/against a tool like cfengine.

My environment here is about 300 systems, and my cfengine config
is about 8000 lines(I'll admit it's a fairly advanced config
in my opinion at least, been using cfe for about 3 years now).
Replacing the mess that was built by the people before I started
this job. What a mess!

nate