[CentOS] Missing 4.7 kernel update SRPMs ?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sat Sep 13 21:18:08 UTC 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008, Shad L. Lords wrote:

> James Pearson wrote:
>> I can't find the kernel-2.6.9-78.0.1.EL.src.rpm and
>> kernel-2.6.9-78.0.1.plus.c4.src.rpm on the download sites - the binary
>> i386/x86_64 RPMS are there, but not the matching SRPMs
>
> There are actually quite a few missing sources:

Please file bugs -- these are easy to address, but might lost
in a mailing list context.  The SRPMs are usually also
available at the upstream prime site unless they were related
to an update and were replaced by later candidates.

When there were CentOS specific patches needed (TM artwork
replacement, or functional ones), we are of course the prime
site.

Perhaps we should add a README in our SRPM archives at each
directory point to the prime location ... hmmm.

-- Russ herrold