[CentOS] Changing hostname?

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 15 21:06:13 UTC 2008

umm....

>>Just do not use names that are "resolvable" in public IP address space or
>>that would get you in trouble with the law for whatever reason.

just what law would that be. me thinks you're making this one up!!!!

you can call an internal machine whatever you want!! however, if you ever
have a dns try to resolve the internal machine, as well as external
machines.. you're going to have major issues... and if you ever try to have
your dns be authoratative to the "name" that's already used by an external
machine.... then yeah.. you're asking to be blasted!!!!

peace