[CentOS] Picasa vs. native photo management apps

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Tue Sep 16 17:30:57 UTC 2008

John R Pierce a écrit :

> Picasa makes managing webalbums on http://picasa.google.com/  really
> really easy.    thats its main function.  everything else is icing.

Looks like peeking at other apps makes me discover the ones I've got. I
just fiddled around with GThumb and discovered a truly great web album
utility.

Guess I'll try and persuade my clients to rather go for the 100%
GNU/Linux solution: GThumb + GIMP.

I'm rather tools-philosophy oriented. When teaching new users, I try to
make them understand the importance of that. It's like not buying a TV
that has also a VCR and a washing machine included.

Thanks everybody for your contributions!

Niki