[CentOS] USB DVD drive disappearing during kickstart install.

Alex Tang altitude at funkware.com
Thu Sep 18 14:24:46 UTC 2008

Thanks John.

I'll check the BIOS on these machines.  Unfortunately, i need the DVD
based setup to work because sometimes i have to do this at odd places
where i don't have the network infrastructure to do PXE boots.

What i'm confused about is that i didn't have these problems (well,
mostly) in the the 4.5 based distro (and a 3.x based distro from a while
back...but that was using CDs instead of DVDs).  It's only since moving
to 4.6 and 4.7 that i'm seeing this consistently.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again.

...alex...