[CentOS] Security Guide for CentOS/RHEL

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Thu Sep 18 14:51:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 14:31 +0000, Josh Donovan wrote:
> Is there a step by step approach to securing CentOS 4X (or even RHEL
> 4X)? I don't mean the stuff in the docs/security guide but a working
> step by step guide? There used to be packages like rkhunter and
> tripwire but I don't know if the ones in rpmforge/kbs repo are up to
> date.
For rkhunter, as far as I can remember, the Fedora 8/9 packages are upto
date, so you could download one of those from a mirror and install it.
Personally, I install rkhunter from source, but you can build an RPM
from the source tarball if you want (the source includes an RPM spec
file). Latest version is 1.3.2.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
E-mail: John.Horne at plymouth.ac.uk       Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001