[CentOS] using NOPASSWD in sudoers

Ski Dawg

centos at skidawg.org
Thu Sep 18 17:49:52 UTC 2008

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to change our /etc/sudoers (using visudo) to allow 2
commands to be run as root without a password, but it isn't working.
Here is the part of the sudoers file that is in question.

# User alias specification
User_Alias  FULLACCESS = doug, scott

# members of the FULLACCESS User_Alias may run chown and chmod without
a password
  FULLACCESS ALL = (root) NOPASSWD: /bin/chown, /bin/chmod

# members of the FULLACCESS User_Alias may run anything but need a password
  FULLACCESS  ALL=(root) ALL

The part for requiring a password works, but not the NOPASSWD line. I
have tried changing the order of these lines with no change in
behavior. After each change to the sudoers file, I am logging out of
the machine and logging back in to make sure that it is properly
reading the changes.

I have also replaced the list of commands with a Cmnd_Alias, with no
change in behavior.

Any thoughts or suggestions about what I am missing.
--
Doug