[CentOS] Re: Install X from DVD

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Sep 19 13:32:17 UTC 2008

> If you haven't done *any* upgrade on that machine yet, use the
> CentOS-Media repo (the .repo file is where all other .repo files are).
>
> Disable all other repos, enable that and do a "yum grouplist". You'll
> see what group you have to install.
>
> Ralph

Ralph,

Ok part of my problem was I was mounting the DVD under /mnt/cdrom
instead of /media/cdrom.

yum repolist gives
yum repolist
repo id              repo name                                 status
addons               CentOS-5 - Addons                         enabled
base                 CentOS-5 - Base                           enabled
extras               CentOS-5 - Extras                         enabled
updates              CentOS-5 - Updates                        enabled

however when I do the "yum grouplist"
its still trying to do the network yum not MEDIA repo and I get errors.

I am still missing something.

Thanks,
Jerry