[CentOS] Request info on managing MySQL

Joe Klemmer

klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Sep 21 01:40:52 UTC 2008

Good day/night/whatever fellow techies,

	I've come to a small problem managing mysql on CentOS 4.7 box[1].  When
I have done things on mysql on my desktop systems it was always just for
personal use so I would be lazy and put everything under the "test" db
so I didn't have to deal with all that security.  But I find that I need
to put some db's on the "production" box and could use a little
assistance.

	I can manage with the bulk of the work but since mysql is all
pre-configured on RH based systems I don't know where to find the root
password or any other tidbits needed to get started.  Access to the
grant and other admin db's and tables is all I believe I need.  Looking
through the docs on centos.org didn't reveal anything to me (or I just
missed it).

	So the end result of this message is simply can someone point me to the
howto use mysql on CentOS/RHEL info.  I just need to be able to start
adding db's and such.  Once there I'm good to go.

Thank you in advance,
Joe

[1] I know, I should upgrade but, as I mentioned, I'm a real lazy guy.

--
Using Linux since 11/1991       |           http://www.linux.org
Linux user #29402               |           http://counter.li.org/