[CentOS] Centos on EeePC 1000H

Peter Duffy peter at mhoram.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 21 21:20:19 UTC 2008

In my efforts to get the sound hardware working, I eventually decided to
try the latest vanilla kernel (2.6.27-rc6). I had a bit of a battle to
get it to work (it kept detecting the SATA disk as standard IDE, so
blocking the SATA drivers, and making the system run like a dog: I
finally fixed this by rebuilding the kernel with the IDE driver defined
as a module. However, the sound hardware now seems to work (with
"model=basic" - apparently this is the recommended setting for the
ALC269.)

Next challenge is to get the wireless network working!