[CentOS] Utility of Centos liveCD

David Dyer-Bennet

dd-b at dd-b.net
Mon Sep 22 15:15:05 UTC 2008

It appears that the liveCD (CentOS-5.2-i386-LoveCD.iso that I downloaded
late last week) does not contain either netcat or tcpdump.  Given the
frequent use of a livecd for testing and debugging, those would seem to be
key tools that should be available.

Obviously a LiveCD can't contain everything anybody might ever want, but
I'd give those two tools a pretty high priority; certainly much higher
than, oh, sound-juicer, say, or openoffice.org-impress.

(See me *not* asking for emacs in this space.  Well, unless there was
actually spare space just sitting there.)
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info