[CentOS] Re: Sendmail and headers

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Sep 22 17:18:32 UTC 2008

on 9-22-2008 7:25 AM Bob Hoffman spake the following:

>> I don't know what you mean by "some domains".  How are you
>> implementing the domains?
>
> I have a server. It has centos.
> I run apache. I have domains on there, websites.. Each is listed in the dns
> and some are ip based and some name based.
If you want each server to have different sendmail processes and ip addresses,
you need some sort of virtual server setup. Sendmail won't work the same as
your apache setup works. The mail goes out over a certain ip address, and the
receiving machine sees that address and does a reverse DNS on it.

What you use is not as important. You could use zen, vmware, freeVPS, or
whatever else is available.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_machines
lists many

--