[CentOS] install of Pod::Simple through CPAN

Al Sparks

data345 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 22:36:24 UTC 2008

I'm running CentOS 4.4.

I'm trying to install swatch (a log watcher) using CPAN.

It's getting hung up on trying to install a dependency, Pod::Simple

So before I get too wrapped up in this, I have the following
questions:

1.  Is there an alternative way to install swatch?  I didn't get a hit
    when I tried yum.

2.  I'm not wedded to swatch.  Is there another log checker out there
    that will work with CentOS?

3.  Lastly, here's the error I get when I attempt to install
    Pod::Simple through CPAN:

   Test Summary Report
   -------------------
   t/xhtml01 (Wstat: 512 Tests: 26 Failed: 2)
     Failed tests:  24, 26
     Non-zero exit status: 2
   Files=53, Tests=1095,  9 wallclock secs ( 1.30 usr  0.10 sys +  7.22 cusr  0.78 csys =  9.40 CPU)
   Result: FAIL
   Failed 1/53 test programs. 2/1095 subtests failed.
   make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
     ARANDAL/Pod-Simple-3.07.tar.gz
     /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
   //hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, try:
     reports ARANDAL/Pod-Simple-3.07.tar.gz
   Running make install
     make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
   Failed during this command:
    ARANDAL/Pod-Simple-3.07.tar.gz               : make_test NO