[CentOS] auto create user home by vsftpd

Leutz, Alexander A.Leutz at itservices24.de
Wed Sep 24 06:25:59 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

we using our centos server with vsftpd and windbind.

our users can log on via ftp on the centos server by using their

That's working fine.

But vsftpd doesn't auto create user home dirs, if the user connects the
first time to the system.

Anybody some suggestions why?

Our configuration in the /etc/pam.d/vsftp:

session    required     pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0022

Greats & Thanks

Alexander Leutz
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Accredited Systems Engineer (ASE) ProLiant Server

Telefon:		+49-6023-9471-0
Durchwahl:	+49-6023-9471-43
Fax:		+49-6023-9471-25
Mobil:		+49-171-7146534
E-Mail:		A.Leutz at itservices24.de
Internet:		http://www.itservices24.de

ITservices24 GmbH, Max-Planck-Str.2a, 63755 Alzenau

Geschaftsfuhrer: Matthias Stephan, Mario Zander, Matthias Veith
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Alzenau, Amtsgericht Aschaffenburg HRB 8096
UStID-Nr. DE 216819403