[CentOS] Re: DKIM

mouss mouss at netoyen.net
Wed Sep 24 19:47:36 UTC 2008

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>> AFAIR yahoo only looks for proper SPF records and then looks at content
>> so far. My users interact with them all the time.
>
> Out of curiosity: What happens if you don't have SPF records?

you'll be beaten to death by SPF fans. other than that, nothing. I will
put SPF records when outblaze does!

$ host -t txt mail.com
mail.com has no TXT record

and since we're talking about yahoo:
$ host -t txt yahoo.com
yahoo.com has no TXT record

Besides, in the OP case, SPF will change nothing for mail getting out of
his server, since his sender domain matches his client domain (this is
what gmail calls "guessed SPF"), and in addition, his client is the MX
of his domain, so he is not going to forge his own domain on his own
server.