[CentOS] DKIM

John Kordash kordash at supplyscape.com
Wed Sep 24 22:10:04 UTC 2008

> So his MTA is EHLOing as mail.bobhoffman.com
> mail.bobhoffman.com resolves to 72.35.68.59 (matches the incoming ip)
> 72.35.68.59 reverses to bobhoffman.com (which doesn't match the host)
>
> As far as I can tell this will hurt his score.
> Or am I missing something?

I don't know enough of the specifics of yahoo's scoring.

However, in my experience it is better to have your sending host IP have a resolvable PTR record than not.  I'm quickly loosing track of this thread, but it appears bobhoffman.com has that covered.

As an aside, it would be my expectation that forward/reverse DNS literal matching wouldn't be scored highly (if at all) simply due to the common use of virtual hosting and the like, let alone the split in/out mail architecture already discussed.

-John