[CentOS] Install via VNC

dnk d.k.emaillists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 04:37:03 UTC 2008

On 24/09/08 8:27 AM, "Robert Moskowitz" <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

> This sounds very interesting:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/VncHeadlessInstall
>
> It would get me around my limitations on the screen on the OQO.  And the
> instructions read rather well.
>
> Only thing I don't know how to do is have vncviewer in 'listen' mode.

Hey Robert,

I am the one that wrote that wiki article. How to put the client into listen
mode depends on which VNC client you are using, and on what platform.

I would just have a quick read over the docs for your vnc client.

So for example if you are using the linux client, I am sure there is a CLI
switch, or if you are using one of the win clients, there is usually a
shortcut for the listening mode in the start menu.

DNK