RE: [CentOS] Re: DKIM

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Sep 25 19:40:30 UTC 2008

John Hinton wrote:
> Toby Bluhm wrote:
> > Scott Silva wrote:
> > >
> > > A "one stop shop" on everything CentOS.
> >
> > I like that approach better. A new list for email only would
> > probably lead to email threads on *both* lists, users being
> > reminded to take the <select inappropriate subject> discussion to
> > the other list, etc.
>
> My point is we go unhelped by CentOS. There is no way I'm going to
> post mail issues to this list. And this list would become unusable if
> we started this. Talking about spam filters, milters and on and on
> and on. Look what just happened. One single very simple question of
> the thousands to be dealt with and the thread went crazy... at which
> point it was suggested that we end this thread. So, basically, posts
> about 'all' things email are NOT welcomed on this list.... and should
> not be.

The only reason this thread went nuts was because it got onto the topic
of SPF records.  This is one of those topics that lots of people have
rather strong feelings about and threads discussing it almost always
seem to go out of control.  The suggestion to end the thread generally
comes when an argument starts going around in circles resolving nothing.

Generic mail questions are always welcome here.  Of course, more
specific questions should be directed to the proper MTA-specific mailing
list.

--
Bowie