[CentOS] "Treason uncloaked!"

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 23:24:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:

> No, you can't. Those messages turn up in the kernel ring buffer (aka dmesg). I
> don't find anything in the rsyslog (or rklogd) manual page on filtering or
> redirecting those.
>
> I might be wrong, but ...

It's entirely possible that I'm confusing rsyslog versions here, but I
was under the impression that this could be filtered with '$ModLoad
imklog' and then redirecting the regex'd statements elsewhere. It
would not affect what shows up in dmesg exactly, but would provide a
way to clean up other logging.

George Orwell