[CentOS] Why i can't configure network and hostname with this kickstart file?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun Sep 28 08:31:13 UTC 2008

Zhang Huangbin wrote on Sun, 28 Sep 2008 10:03:51 +0800:

> I can't configure network and hostname even there is only '%post' left.
> What' wrong with it?

It might help in the future if you would try to phrase your questions in a
way that they are not ambiguous and easy to understand.
I figure you mean to be able to do a manual installation in the graphical
frontend with this kickstart file and just the package selection should be
I remember that when I skip the network command in the kickstart file I'm
getting asked for network settings. I don't know why you are not getting
asked. It might help to explicitely state the static bootproto without
giving IP and hostname in the file.

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany