[CentOS] BackupPC

Paul Bijnens Paul.Bijnens at xplanation.com
Mon Sep 29 12:46:10 UTC 2008

On 2008-09-29 14:26, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I was a bit surprised to find that BackupPC
> does not seem to be available on my CentOS-5.2 system.
> What do people use to backup Centos systems?

Actually BackupPC does run on CentOS without any problem.
I use BackupPC hosted on a CentOS 5.2 server to backup some Windows

On the other hand the Unix machines, including the CentOS machines,
while they could be served by a BackupPC server as well, I do those
backups using Amanda, mostly because that is what I used for more
than 8 years now, and because we need tapes as well.

Amanda never left me in the cold, even after terrible hard disk
crashes or operator mistakes.

Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
http://www.xplanation.com/          email:  Paul.Bijnens at xplanation.com
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *
* F6, quit, ZZ, :q, :q!, M-Z, ^X^C, logoff, logout, close, bye, /bye, *
* init 0, kill -9 1, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-Del, AltGr-NumLock, Stop-A, ... *