[CentOS] how to set term environment for cronjobs?

Rudi Ahlers

rudiahlers at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 15:44:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm running a crontjob on CentOS 5.2 server, which then connects to a
webpage to run some stuff. It has to run this way, since the webpage
is on a Windows server, and the Windows scheduled tasks doesn't work
as well.

It seems like the cronjob is working fine, except that the email
output worries me a bit.

This is what I get on email,

  Your Terminal type is unknown!

  Enter a terminal type: [vt100]
TERMINAL TYPE IS SET TO vt100
(B)0[?7h[?1h=

Getting http://billing/pipe/pop.php

Looking up billing
Making HTTP connection to billing
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.

[?1l>

So, the question is, how do I set the terminal type for a cronjob?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers