[CentOS] Probably a bad set-up but which one?

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 16:35:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 7:32 PM, fred smith
<fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:

> two things:
> 1. there's already a program named test, which displays no output,
> it merely has an exit status.

And, in general, it is a poor idea showing little imagination to name
a test program "test."

> 2. for a program in your current directory, run it with a preceding "./",
> e.g., "./test"--because "." is not in the path (and shouldn't be).

I rather like having . in my path, and up front.  However, programs
should reflect something of their content.  The Hello World program
could much more recognizably (and future-referentially) named "hello."

It's one of those mornings....

mhr