[CentOS] iSCSI ini and ESX Server

Jason Cox cscoman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 18:56:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Joseph L. Casale <
JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:

> I always used IET on CentOS but I have a quick server to setup to backup
> some VM's, then migrate to DAS
> on another server and the easiest way for me will be to accomplish this via
> iSCSI vmfs stores. I figured I would
> just use the ini that ships with CentOS but have never used it against ESX,
> anyone do this and have experiences
> they care to share? Should it be trivial or are there any non standard
> configs that need to be used?
>
> Thanks!
> jlc

I have CentOS v5.2 running as an iSCSI target server and multiple ESXi
servers as the initiator with VMFS. This works great! The tgt daemon that
comes with CentOS is simple to support as long as you know how to use tgtadm
to setup the targets. I modified the tgtd init script to allow me to use
config files. I did not use CHAP since this was a private network. I just
locked it down by IP range. ESX had no problems connecting too and mounting
the iSCSI targets.
----
Jason Cox