[CentOS] Configure an ATI Radeon X1200 card?

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr
Tue Sep 30 07:31:50 UTC 2008

Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Then I edit this with Vi, step by step. Usually, this works, but not for
> ATI cards. Here, the first draft only gives me a "vesa" driver... though
> xorg-x11-drv-ati is installed. But then, when I replace

not so long ago I had an X1300, and it was not supported in the centos 5
xorg-x11-drv-ati. THe only solutions were vesa or fglrx (closed source
ATI driver).
This was with centos 5.0 and probably also 5.1.
Unless things changed in 5.2, or X1200 is very different from X1300, I
suggest you try fglrx if vesa doesn't suit you.