[CentOS] Firefox distorted printing

Chris Geldenhuis

chris.gelden at iafrica.com
Tue Sep 30 22:05:37 UTC 2008

Hi,
I am running a fully updated CentOS 4 box. Since the last few rounds of
updates - upgrading to the latest Firefox, I find that I can not print
Bank statements etc ( .ps files when saved to disk). The Bank's logo and
any lines on the form print OK but the actual content is distorted
beyond recognition - printing a series of special characters
(!"$%&#'(") instead of transaction descriptions or amounts. Has anyone
else experienced this or have a suggestion on how to fix the problem.

Other preformatted documents like supplier invoices are also not printed
as well formatted as before (html documents) but appear all squashed up
instead of filling the page vertically.

TIA

ChrisG