[CentOS] pxe menu help

Thu Sep 4 03:31:27 UTC 2008
Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>

I am trying to setup a series of vmware esx 3i systems to be provisioned by pxe.
Since you can pass the extracted config to the hypervisor in the pxe append line
as a file on the tftp server, I presume I can use my CentOS DHCP/PXE server to hand
out assigned ip's to specific hosts. Thus, I need a way to force each host to load
a specific menu choice (with its own config) when starting.

So instead of leaving it to default routines which can change or may be unpredictable,
how does one force the mappings of menu assignments when clients connect or at least
set it in a reliable manner I can document?

Thanks!
jlc