[CentOS] Problems making custom isolinux.cfg

Thu Sep 4 20:50:09 UTC 2008
treed at ultraviolet.org <treed at ultraviolet.org>

I have added a few custom RPM's to my CentOS 5.2 CD, dropped a
kickstart.cfg file in the root of the CD, and now want to change the
isolinux.cfg in the boot.iso so that it will automatically do a kickstart
install when the CD boots up.

I am using buildinstall to make the ISO. I edited the isolinux.cfg in
/isolinux in my CentOS 5.2 distribution tree off of which I am building my
ISO.

But after buildinstall runs the isolinux.cfg is changed back!

Where is it getting the original from? Where should I be changing it to
get my modified isolinux.cfg into my cd?

Just to get around the isolinux.cfg issue manually I tried booting and at
the prompt I say:

linux ks=cdrom:/kickstart.cfg

But it says that it cannot find the kickstart.cfg file. Is it expecting it
in the root of the boot.iso or of the CD? I put it in the root of the CD.
I can mount the CD and see that it is there. I can't figure out how to put
it in the root of the boot.iso (if it even needs to go there) because
apparently that is getting remade by the buildinstall also and I'm not
sure where it is getting the contents from.

Here is the entire process I use for building and burning the ISO:

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/buildinstall --version 5 --product CentOS --comps
/var/www/html/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/repodata/comps.xml --release MyCentOS-5
--prodpath CentOS /var/www/html/centos/5.2/os/x86_64

mkisofs -R -J -T -r  -l -d -allow-multidot -allow-leading-dots -no-bak
-o /var/www/html/centos/5.2/isos/MyCentOS-5.2-x86_64.iso
-b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot
-boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table /var/www/html/centos/5.2/os/x86_64/

cdrecord blank=fast -dev=/dev/sg1 -v -eject /var/www/html/centos/5.2/isos/MyCentOS-5.2-x86_64.iso

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Tracy Reed
http://tracyreed.org