[CentOS] kickstart problems

Tue Sep 2 06:14:20 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Paolo Supino wrote:
> Hi Nate
>

> 3: After the error comes up I get the HTTP setup configuration screen with
> the source website (in IP) and CentOS directory as I entered them in the
> pxeconfiguration file and as it appears in the kickstart configuration file
> and all I have to do is press the 'OK' button to continue the installation
> to a successful completion.

If that's the case the next most likely culprit is

> url --url http://192.168.11.1/source

Just because the PXE boot loader can download the kickstart
config does not mean that the installation process will work
with that NIC.

Also I've had lots of broadcom systems not work with kickstart over
the years, it's not uncommon for newer systems to have newer
revs of the chipsets and those revs not being supported by the
installer.

But it sounds like in your case it does work, so I would look
at the url above, as it likely is the cause of the problem. Check
the http access logs on the server for 404s and similar errors.

nate