[CentOS] Re: Curmudgeoning (was Re: Problems with writing Dual Layer DVD)

Tue Sep 2 14:16:38 UTC 2008
David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b at dd-b.net>

On Sun, August 31, 2008 04:03, Ric Moore wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 10:51 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

>> I've also still got a laptop that's probably older than him.  It runs
>> CP/M.
>
> I once had a pretty large collection of CP/M machines. I had three
> IMSAI's. a VDP-80 and two VDP-44's. I think I had every Televideo ever
> made, including the luggable and the server that ran MP/M. Altos,
> Osborn, and a bunch of others. Man, think of what CP/M could do running
> on a Pentium. <grins> Ric

I got into the home computing scene late (the systems at work were so much
more powerful and attractive, and it was normal to play with them for
personal use).  But I've still got my very first computer, a DEC VT-180
"Robin" (a VT-100 terminal with a CP/M board in the card cage, and an
external pair of 5.25" floppies; mine actually has two pair of floppies,
and they've been upgraded to 400kb or some such).

The laptop is an Epson PX-8.  Software resided on PROM chips on little
carriers.  It had a built-in microcassette drive for data storage.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info