[CentOS] kickstart problems

Tue Sep 2 17:44:33 UTC 2008
Richard Karhuse <rkarhuse at gmail.com>

On 9/2/08, Paolo Supino <paolo.supino at gmail.com> wrote:

> :
>
> Hi Joseph
>
>    After sending the last reply I fixed the kickstart config files and
> added --boot=yes to the network statement of eth0, but going through the
> consoles of each of the systems to see if the installation completed
> successfully I found a few that got stuck on the network interface
> configuration screen (where it asks for IPv4 and IPv6 static/dynamic
> configuration information: "Configure TCP/IP").

 I've only been half reading this thread, so feel free to ignore this
"interruption" ...

Just plug one and only one NIC into the switch
Add "ksdevice=link" to your boot-up line (e.g. syslinux.cfg??).

Configure network (if you must) or just let DHCP take over.

Kickstart away ....
(works for me on boxes where during anaconda installation the NICs are
labeled one way,
but CentOS running system does another).

Just a thought ...

   -rak-