[CentOS] Re: Curmudgeoning (was Re: Problems with writing Dual Layer DVD)

Tue Sep 2 17:50:58 UTC 2008
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Tuesday 02 September 2008 18:25:10 MHR wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> > But Windows for Workgroups 3.1 really screams on the newer hardware!  ;-P
>
> For shame!  WfW was 3.11,

3.1.1,  IIRC

> and it just screams, or did, or so I heard -
> never used it.

I did.  It was better than 95, and better than 98 first edition.

> I stuck with 3.1 until 98 was due out and then,
> finally, caved and bought (!) a copy of 95.
>
> In fact, my son is still using 98, but I think I've finally convinced
> him to go to XP - I bought him some really neat flash drives that he
> really likes but that do not work with 98 at all.  Heh, heh, heh,...

USB drives should work without any problem at all, assuming he is using 98SE.

They didn't work in 98 first edition, nor in NT4 or Win2000 - again, from
memory, which could be faulty.

Anne