[CentOS] OT: Migration from Evolution to Thunderbird (Thunderbird mbox files)

Thu Sep 4 15:48:36 UTC 2008
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr>

Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> However with IMAP the mail can stay on the server, so unless you tell
>> your MUA to download a copy locally you only see index files.
>
> With the Evolution MUA, also using IMAP on gmail.com the mbox files are
> easily seen. in .evolution
>
> I suspect that I should post on a Thunderbird mailing list and ask where
> the mbox files are located on my Desktop, or, if using IMAP, as I am,
> there are no mbox files on my Desktop. Probably it's one or the other.

I guess evolution automatically saves a local copy of your mail.
As I suggested earlier, Thunderbird does not.
Go in File, Offline, "Download/Sync now" and choose the folders that you
want to download...