[CentOS] Re: kickstart debug

Fri Sep 5 17:07:57 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 12:38 -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> > Jerry Geis wrote:
> > > How do you go about debugging the kickstart file?
> >
> > By trying stuff, reading documentation or doing research. You know, community
> > is about give and take and not only taking. I've yet to see *ONE* answer from
> > you, it's always just "ask, ask, ask", even with stuff which can easily be
> > solved by searching on google.
> >
> > Sheesh,
> >
> > Ralph
> >
> Ralph,
>
> I debated if I should even answer the above statement.
>
> There is MORE than 1 kind of community support in my view.
> 1) answering questions (which people me qualified than me are doing a
> FANTASTIC job with)
> 2) financial - of which I support centos.org

That's probably more than most do.

> I'm sorry my lack of expertise has offended you.

No need to apologize to anyone. You just take it in stride and don't let
it bother you.

Often folks don't have a comprehension that various constraints - e.g.
time, job pressures, being early on the learning curve - make a plea for
help the most logical thing to do ATM. And they don't alwyas know if
folks hove done even a modicum of research. Often they assume the worst.

> I do know of google - I use it all the time. However if after
> searching (and yes I do search first)
> I dont find anything that helps me the next logic step is to post a
> question and hope someone as
> generous and knowledgeable as yourself is willing to share a hint, a
> solution etc...
>
> I'm not want/wishing to have TONS of replies to this message. This

Well, OK. I won't use the word "curmu..." OOPS!  :-)

>  list has better use with actual topics.
> Sorry ALL to have taken bandwith here. Hope I didnt offend anyone.

Well, I hope this one reply is not excessive. I do like to encourage
folks to not get side-tracked by sometimes harsh and possibly
inappropriate (IMO only) replies.

> Jerry
> <snip sig stuff>

HTH (?)