[CentOS] DJB's daemontools package

Sat Sep 6 13:55:25 UTC 2008
Jeff Kinz <jkinz at kinz.org>

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 05:51:15AM -0700, Al Sparks wrote:
> Oh and the qmail server?  My employer went Exchange.  And slowly
> but surely, the IT there is becoming more Microsoft with Linux
> becoming more of an outlier.  It's probably time for me to find
> another job.  It's hard, because I've been with them a long time.
>    === Al

Or its time for you to make a direct presentation to the upper level
management showing that the number of direct staffers  needed to
administer an MS environment is between 15 and 300% higher than
a corresponding UNIX/Linux environment.

Why "Upper management" and not IT management?  Because IT management
BENEFITS from having more staff to manage.  When your headcount
increases and your budget is larger, your management importance
and status goes up and you become recognized as a "peer" of those
who may become the next CEO.

UNIX/Linux is bad for the IT empire builders because it is good for the
rest of the company. It reduces costs and headcount while increasing
increases reliability and security at the same time.

Jeff Kinz.