[CentOS] Re: Need help with an odd issue I am experiencing

Tue Sep 9 21:00:01 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 9-9-2008 1:07 PM David Petruzzella spake the following:
> From: Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>
> Date:  Tue, 09 Sep 2008 12:22:53 -0700
>
>> This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156)
>>
> I agree but this is a newer ambit modem and if it was the case then mine and the cable guy's laptop would experience the same results.

Not necessarily. Many companies focus heavy development on their windows
drivers, but their linux offerings are either second-teir, or reverse engineered.

Either way, ethtool should show you detected and current link states on the
connection ;

  ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
         Supported ports: [ MII ]
         Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                 1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
         Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
         Advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                 1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
         Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
         Speed: 1000Mb/s